The Parador Ubeda (official name is Parador Condestable Davalos) sits majestically on one side of the Plaza de Vasquez Molina – a plaza with as much character as any in Spain. It is shaped rather like an "L." Adjacent to the Parador is the wonderful chapel of El Salvador. The Palacio de Vasquez de Molina, today acting as city hall, is on one side, and the Renaissance church of Santa Maria de los Reales Alcazares is at the far end of the plaza. In other words, the Parador Ubeda sits in the exact center of the most historically important section of the city.
Check Rates & Availability
- Area Info
In addition to a marvelous main plaza, Ubeda is the town in Andalucia with perhaps the largest number of Renaissance palaces. The town has been called the "Florence of Andalucia." Wander through the old parts of town and admire the many centuries-old structures still standing and in fine shape.
The Parador Ubeda is the former palace of Don Fernando Ortega Salido. Originally a Moorish palace – he had it rebuilt to his liking – then had the chapel built right next to it. Hemingway, Pio Baroja, Garcia Lorca, and Paul Bowles have all stayed here at the Parador, so it has attracted a particularly literary crowd!
superior twin double
standard twin double
Interesting excursions from Parador Ubeda into the city:
– Don’t miss the Hospital De Santiago.
– The Isabelline style Iglesia de Santiago is well worth a visit.
– The grand Iglesia El Salvador.
– The 17th century Convento de Santa Teresa.
– The chapel of San Juan de la Cruz contains relics of Saint John of the Cross.
Interesting day trips from Ubeda Parador include:
– Driving over to the "twin" town of Baeza
makes for a pleasant short trip.
– Cordoba is an easy day trip, and its many wonders are far too numerous to list here – don’t miss the awesome Mezquita, and the Barrio Juderia.
– The Cazorla Nature Preserve is very near and presents great opportunities for hiking and wildlife observation.
– Jaen is an interesting town with another great Parador that sits atop a massive rocky hill. Drive over and have lunch – the views from the Parador are incredible.
Ubeda is one of those cities that most tourists pass by. For those that do visit, a very appealing blend of the 16th century and modern times awaits – as does the magnificent Parador
The Parador is on Plaza de Vázquez de Molina, in the centre of the old town, next to the chapel Capilla del Salvador, the palace of the Marqués de Mancera and the palace Vázquez Molina, now the Town Hall. Úbeda is 39 km. from Bailén by the N-322 road, 210 km. from Albacete by the N-322, 57 km. from Jaén by the N-321 and 330 km. from Madrid, by the N-IV, via Bailén.
Facilities at Parador Ubeda hotel;
22 Twin bedrooms – 13 Double bedrooms – 1 Suite – Bar – Restaurant – Telephone – Heating – Air- Conditioning – Satellite television – Minibar – Safe – Currency exchange
Your dream of Spain can be a reality!
* Visit our hotel pages * Parador Hotels
*Spain Parador travel package descriptions – click here
click through to home page: Spain Paradors
(All Ubeda Parador hotel information provided by SpainParador.com)