Parador El Saler
The modern four-star Parador El Saler (official name is Parador Luis Vives), located on the Costa Blanca 18 kilometers south of Valencia, is very special. It provides not only the quality amenities that Spain’s Parador hotels are famous for, but also one of the finest golf courses in Europe just a few steps outside your room!
Check Rates & Availability
- Area Info
The Parador El Saler enjoys a unique location on a narrow spit of land that borders the Mediterranean to the east and theAlbufera Lagoon to the west. It is set near the sand dunes and surrounded by pines and unique Mediterranean plants. The whole area is a Nature Preserve and provides a unique natural ambience. Part of the preserve is the Dehesa del Saler – a 10 km long meadow and lies between the lagoon and the Mediterranean Sea. This is really an exceptionally beautiful place – the sunsets are absolutely magical.
Your bedroom at the Parador of El Saler will have a view of either the sea – or the beautiful green of the well manicured golf course. In the rooms you will find a telephone, satellite television, TV canal plus, safe deposit box and a mini bar. You’ll pass pleasant hours sitting out on your balcony with a drink, relaxing and enjoying the view.
The cuisine in the Parador restaurant is very good. The classic dish of the area, Paella Valenciana, is a special rice and seafood combination you really should try. A refreshing drink particular to this part of Spain is Agua de Valencia – a drink made from fresh Valencian orange juice and the sparkling Spanish white wine called Cava.
Interesting day trips from Parador Saler include:
– Valencia is only 10 miles from the Parador. Don’t miss the magnificent Cathedral or the old marketplace – the "Lonja." Also of interest are the Generalitat Palace and the Benicarlo palace.
– Valencia’s famous Science and Art museum – the Ciudad de las Ciencias y las Artes – is well worth a visit, and particularly if you are a science buff.
– The Parador is a good place to acquire lodging during the festivities of Las Fallas in March. This is Europe’s most spectacular fire and fire-works show. It includes a week’s worth of parades (some of giant papier-mâché statues) and other activities leading up to the spectacular bonfire finale. The city is thronged with visitors during this time though – so even at the Parador be sure and book far in advance. This spectacle, which takes place all over the city, has an audience of millions.
– Another great time to visit is during the second week of July when the city holds its "Gran Fira" (Big Fair). You’ll see music concerts, incredible flower displays, and more fireworks.
– For beaches, visit Cullera, Gandia, and Xativa.
Again – this course is acclaimed as one of the top three in Spain and among the very best in all of Europe. Many of the holes play through a pine forest, the remainder play between sand dunes. One of the usual challenges here, especially for big hitters, is the
wind off the sea. The fairways are wide and the greens generous. The abundance of rough is unforgiving for those shots that venture off the fairway.
A last word to the wise: With all the marshy meadows nearby, this area is a mosquito paradise. Bring along some mosquito coils, and repellent. Don’t let this discourage you though – the Parador El Saler and it surroundings will provide you with an unusual combination of experiences that will be long remembered.
Facilities at Parador El Saler hotel;
58 Twin bedrooms – Bar – Restaurant – Telephone – Heating – Air Conditioning – Satellite television – Minibar – Safe – Shop – Elevators – Car park – Currency exchange – Gymnasium – Sauna – Seasonal swimming pool – Golf – Conference Facilities
Your dream of Spain can be a reality!
* Visit our hotel pages * Parador Hotels
click through to home page: Paradores of Spain
(All El Saler Parador hotel information provided by SpainParador.com)