Parador Santo Domingo Bernardo De Fresneda
This Parador is the ‘School’ of Paradors – where the future employees of the Parador system get their training (hint: everyone is really putting their best foot forward!). The building is the former convent of San Francisco, and only a short walk from the historic centre of Santo Domingo de la Calzada. This is a historic, and unique structure.
Check Rates & Availability
- Area Info
The restaurant is in the Parador de Santo Domingo de la Calzada, just 800 metres away, and offers the local Piquillo peppers, roast ribs of lamb from the Cameros mountains, mixed Ribera vegetables, cod Rioja style, Santo Domingo cake and the famous Rioja wines with Denomination of Origin.
The Parador is in the historic centre of the city, in the Plaza de San Francisco, a short walk from the other Parador, Santo Domingo de la Calzada, next to the cathedral. The Parador is 46 km. from Logroño and 68 km. from Burgos by the N-120 road, and 18 km. from Haro, via the A-68, towards Zaragoza-Bilbao/Bilbo.
(Parador standard bedroom)
(Parador superior bedroom)
Interesting nearby excursions from Parador Bernardo de Fresneda:
– The old quarter of the city is a short walk away, and makes for very interesting rambling.
Interesting day trips from the Parador include:
This city is perfectly situated to serve as a base for day trips into the Rioja wine district and points further afield.
– Logroño and Haro – these are the two wine centers of the Rioja area where many of the well-known Bodegas have their outlets (especially in the Barrio de la Estacion near the train station in Haro).
– La Guardia is a fascinating hilltop village whose inhabitants have tunneled out miles of underground passages through the centuries – in which they age their beloved Rioja wine.
– Burgos and its awe-inspiring Gothic
Cathedral is well worth a visit – about 45 min drive.
– Bilbao and its Guggenheim museum are only about an hour and 45 minutes drive north (fast freeway from Haro).
Your dream of Spain can be a reality!
* Visit our hotel pages * Parador Hotels
click through to home page: Parador
(Santo Domingo Bernardo de Fresnesa Parador information provided by SpainParador.com)