Parador Fuente De
The Parador Fuente De (official name is Parador Rio Deva) is a modern mountain refuge spectacularly located below the mighty Picos de Europa – inside the national park!. It opens onto the fertile Liébana valley, and occupies a natural space of exceptional beauty.
Check Rates & Availability
- Area Info
(photo by Arie Van Den Bogerd)
The Fuente De Parador is surrounded by the dramatic slopes, woods and hillsides, in a region which is dotted by quaint hamlets. From the Parador Fuente De building a cable car goes up to the Áliva viewpoint far above. This is indeed a privileged place for lovers of outdoor activities, and an exceptional choice for travelers looking for adventure and excitement or quiet, contemplative walks.
Be sure and bring a camera – this area has perhaps the most photogenic landscapes in all of Spain.
Activities include; mountain biking, climbing, cave exploring, and horseback riding. The Parador will be happy to arrange for any of these activities on your request. Be sure and remember that when participating in outdoor activities at these altitudes, you should always be prepared for sudden drops in temperature.
The classical mountain style and the warm wood and leather furniture recreate the much-appreciated home warmth, to which are added the homemade dishes of traditional Cantabria cuisine, such as ‘cocido lebaniego’ (stew) or ‘solomillo al queso de Tresviso’ (sirloin with Tresviso cheese).
Parador Fuente De standard bedroom
Parador Fuente De superior bedroom
Interesting day trips from the Fuente De Parador include:
Don’t miss the mountain villages that dot the area of Picos De Europa National Park.
– Potes is a picturesque village containing many interesting shops. The old part looks like it could be straight out of a Swiss fairytale. It is also a great place to purchase the delicious local cheeses; Cabrales, Picon de Bejes, Treviso, Pido, Camaleno, Baro, Penamellera, Gamonedo, and Ponga.
– Piasca with its 10th century monastery.
– Espinama, a small, typical mountain village with interesting architecture.
– The Cares River Gorge, which makes for wonderful hiking.
– Covadonga and its sanctuary cave, and Basilica (from here the Moorish invasion was turned around by King Pelayo, and the centuries long road of re-conquest began).
– Cangas De Onis, a very interesting town just on the ‘other side’ of the peaks. It is filled with cheese shops, and shops featuring local handicrafts.
– The La Hermida Pass and nearby Church of Santa Maria.
– The Picos de Europa National Park with it’s many glacial lakes and incredible scenery. These are among the most rugged mountains in all Europe and still provide home to bear, wild boar, ermine, mountain goat and golden eagles – among many, many other species.
The Fuente De Parador makes a perfect base from which to explore the large and fascinating area of the Picos De Europa and its National Park.
Parador Fuente De hotel Facilities:
4 Double bedrooms – 62 Twin bedrooms – 2 Single bedrooms – Bar – Restaurant – Telephone – Heating – Air conditioning – Satellite television – Safe – Mini bar – Elevators – Conference room – Shop – Car park – Currency exchange – Garden – Tennis court – Seasonal swimming pool
Your dream of Spain can be a reality!
* Visit our hotel pages * Parador Hotels
click through to home page: Spain Paradors
(Fuente De Parador hotel information provided by SpainParador.com)